The dragon has a head now

This morning I finished stitching the big wing, then I embroidered the other wing. I looked at some pics in the Flickr group for the Stitchalong and saw that there’s a tip of the other wing also showing. So I did that right after the first wing was finished.

head part 1

Then I couldn’t decide on the color for the base of the wing. Shall I use a green that’s just a bit darker than the green part of the wing or shall I use the dark green with more contrast?

The color on the wing base is the same as the crest on his back so I was wondering which shade of green would look better with the main body color.

In the evening I had a good idea what to do next: the body. After the body is embroidered I can compare both shades of green to the wing and the body and then decide.

The picture above was done around 11 pm, after I laid the long stitches over the whole body front (head, chest, raised front leg) and started couching down the head.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s